A Guide to Purchasing Ammunition Online
This section was created for our California customers to clarify a few details and help better define the process of purchasing ammunition online so you know what to expect when you purchase ammo from us. No matter where you live within California, we must ship your ammunition to a Federal Firearm Licensed Dealer (FFL Dealer) or a California Ammo Vendor with a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Don’t forget to check all local and state laws prior to placing any order. You must be at least 21 years of age to purchase ammunition. You must also be a legal resident of the state of California. Law Enforcement Officers can have ammunition shipped to them however they must follow the same procedure and policies outlined for high capacity magazines going to the state of California.
Purchasing ammunition online can be done in a few simple steps by using an FFL Dealer or California Ammo Vendor. The below steps outline both processes.
• Arrange the transfer with an FFL Dealer prior to ordering.
o California Dealers Accepting Ammo Transfers
o Contact the dealer and let them know you would like them to receive ammunition for transfer from PSA. You will use this dealer as the shipping address when you place your order.
o Provide the FFL dealer with our contact information so they can send a copy of their FFL if we do not have them on file.
Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
o Ask about the transfer fee. Usually FFL dealers will charge a small fee in order to take care of the background check and 4473.
• Place only ammunition in your cart for your purchase. Enter the shipping address of a California FFL that you have confirmed will accept ammunition shipments. Complete the checkout process.
o Create an account or log in.
o Add product(s) to cart.
o Enter your FFL Dealer as the shipping address.
o Enter billing and credit card information. Please note that you must be a resident of the state in which you wish to transfer the ammunition.
o Review and submit order.
• Pick up your ammunition and complete the transfer.
o Watch the tracking information that we provide you. Once the order has arrived at the FFL dealer of your choosing, call your FFL for a good pickup time.
o In order for the transfer to be approved, your FFL Dealer is required to have you fill out all required California paperwork and screening.
California Ammo Vendor’s License
Process for Certificate of Eligibility
• If a customer places an order for ammunition in California and they are a COE holder, the COE must be submitted with a valid driver’s license.
o Ammunition will only be shipped to the address on the driver’s license.
o COE credentials can be sent to GunPro via fax or email.
• If a customer places an order for ammunition to California but they are not a COE holder, the customer must select an FFL or a COE holder.
o If the customer chooses a COE holder, the ammo vendor must submit the COE license and a valid driver’s license.
o The order will only be shipped to the address on the driver’s license to make sure the ammunition goes to the COE holder, not the customer.
o If the customer chooses an FFL, only the FFL license need be submitted. The ammunition will only be shipped to the address on the FFL license. The FFL license will be validated through FFL EZ Check each time it is used.
• If a customer places an order, but the COE holder chooses not to submit a valid driver’s license, the customer will be notified to choose someone else.
o If the customer does not choose another license holder, the order will be canceled and the money refunded.
• If a customer places an order in a restricted city or county in California, the ammunition will not be shipped at all.
o The order will be canceled and the money refunded.
Ammo shipments to California may take 2-3 weeks to process.
No Sales to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, or Avalon.